It’s one of the most asked questions I get, especially now that it has been a part of my morning routine for months now. There are so many people hearing about the benefits of drinking Apple Cider Vinegar that it has become a popular topic in the world of nutrition and living healthy.
I will share my personal recipe that I mix up in the morning and drink right after I have a little food in my stomach. This drink can cause a slight upset stomach in some people when taken on an empty stomach, which is why I recommend drinking after some food.
You first want to pick an Organic, Raw and “with the mother” apple cider vinegar. We want to absorb as many nutrients as possible, and “the mother” provides essential probiotics that give this mixture a power-punch of nutrients for the body. I really like the brand, “Bragg’s” but mainly you want to find a brand that provides all of the above standards.
Morning ACV drink:
- 4 oz. filtered water
- 1-2 Tbsp of Organic, Raw, “with the Mother” Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 t0 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- pinch of Cinnamon
- small squirt of Raw local honey ( for added sweetness)
*Mix all together in a cup and drink. (I like to chug mine, not sip on it for a long amount of time.)
Benefits of each ingredient:
- Apple cider vinegar has numerous benefits to the body, a few being :
- Balances your body’s PH levels to provide a more alkaline environment
- Helps the gut
- Can kill many types of bacteria
- Can balance blood sugar levels
- Detoxifies the body
- A natural big anti-inflammatory resource
- Cayenne pepper:
- Can speed metabolism
- Pink Himalayan sea salt:
- Aids the adrenal glands
- Restores lost minerals when we sweat
- Can lower blood sugar levels
- Can reduce heart disease risk factors
*This is a morning routine that I might do anywhere from 1-3 times a week.
Lindsay – Certified Holistic Nutritionist